Sunday, October 14, 2012

Almost Time for a New Smartphone


My two year contract with my current cell phone provider ends on Oct. 24. Just 10 days! If I stay with my current provider I'll get a discounted phone and if I switch I'll still get a discount for signing a new contract with a new carrier. Win, win! And now is the perfect time to get a new smartphone because of the new mobile Operating Systems that have recently been released (or will be soon). Android released its new OS 4.1, Jelly Bean, in July, Apple just released its OS 6 and Windows will release Windows Mobile 8 soon (I hope).

But, I just read a Forbes article saying Windows Mobile 8 won’t be anything special because Microsoft hasn’t been promoting it very much. The company isn’t giving details about what it can do better than Windows Mobile 7 or why it will be competitive with Android and Apple. Which is a bummer, because I’m excited to see how well the new Nokia Lumina 920 performs.

As far as my decision for a new phone goes I’ll wait… until I get a chance to compare the three mobile Operating Systems and find what works best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment